Lockdown has quickly become the ‘new normal’ and, with the UK government stating on 16th April that restrictions will stay in place for another 3 weeks, it looks like we are here for some time to come. So what have we learned about running an interiors business in lockdown?
- Technology works. We are great believers in the power of the personal relationship, but Teams, Zoom and WhatsApp are enabling us to meet and chat as we did before. We are also helping clients to make the most of it by, for example supporting remote viewings.
- Community is key. Our community is coming together to protect the sector and help frontline workers. We are proud to be part of it.
- Stay in touch. We have built wonderful relationships with clients and suppliers over the last 20 years and it’s going to take more than lockdown to shake them. Staying in touch will maintain our much-valued relationships and keep us connected.
- Leave room for creativity. We are usually so busy that creative thought has to follow a schedule. Giving our minds time for natural creativity is delivering huge benefits to the schemes we are working on.
- Teamwork prevails. We’ve always been a close-knit team at Hatch, but it’s at times of pressure that the value of our team really shows. Their commitment is humbling and we are thankful for it.
While the ‘new normal’ may not last forever, we may come out of it with insight that we want to hang on to. We hope that you are finding useful learnings in the ‘new normal’ too.