Protecting our clients through business continuity planning
At Hatch we are committed to delivering the best possible service to our clients, whatever the scenario. Today that commitment is tested by the global threat of Coronavirus (COVID-19), and its potential impact on the supply chain and the health of our team and partners.
We are pleased to be able to reassure all our clients and partners that we have the relevant procedures and preparations in place to safeguard their business and their people.
Sourcing from the Far East has always been an essential part of our operation, but for the last 20 years we have been able to offset the risk, and environmental impact, of importing with a solid base of UK based manufacturing partners. Many of our UK suppliers have been with us since the beginning, and are now proving themselves an invaluable resource in maintaining critical supply to clients.
Continuity for us is also about speed of response. That is why we hold stock for some 500 properties at our 50,000 SQ FT warehouse. While we are making every effort to maintain our supply chain from the Far East, the UK and mainland Europe, our stock holding provides clients with reassurance that delivery schedules will be met and that unexpected needs can still be fulfilled.
Product is one thing, but we also have a team of interior designers, account managers and installers busy working with clients across the UK. We are determined to keep our team – and the clients they work with – safe. That is why we have introduced the following procedures:
- All installers are being issued with antibacterial spray and wipes which will be used prior to and during installation projects, including a full wipe down of all surfaces on the completion of an installation
- All staff visiting sites and offices to be issued with antibacterial hand gel
- Staff to politely refuse handshakes until the risk is reduced
- No staff to travel to high risk areas
- Any colleague showing symptoms to seek testing and quarantine themselves for the recommended 14 days
- All staff issued with guidelines on how best to guard against infection
While it is very much ‘business as usual’ at Hatch, we hope that these small measures will contribute to efforts to stop Coronavirus in its tracks.
If you have any questions regarding business continuity at Hatch, or have any immediate needs that we can help with, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
In the meantime we send our warmest thoughts to our friends and colleagues in areas which have been affected by the virus and hope for a prompt resolution of the problem.
MD & Founder